Durango Colorado Business Assistance
Helping businesses achieve their goals is the backbone of the Economic Development Alliance and the key to successful economic growth in La Plata County. If you’re looking to grow, start, or are considering relocating your business, we provide the tools and assistance to simplify the process.
La Plata County Economic Development & Chambers Several organizations exist to help your business form, succeed, and grow in La Plata County. We're here to help them connect to you.
Local Resources for Businesses in La Plata County
Through our strong network of dedicated individuals and organizations, we are your first stop for accessing the local, county and statewide information and resources to further your objectives. We can help with any question you have, whether it is about capital, permitting, local business services, government contracting, workforce recruitment or more. Our services even include small business advice through our extensive mentoring and consulting.
Durango Business Improvement District (BID): The Durango BID helps with marketing programs, special event support and management, and capital projects that helps support businesses in the District. The District’s boundaries are the Central Business District and North Main Avenue to the city limits
Southwest Colorado Small Business Development Center (SBDC) : Find out more about business planning and start up assistance
Southwest Colorado Accelerator Program for Entrepreneurs (SCAPE): Our local “Shark Tank”, a business accelerator program.
Local First:Local, independent business alliance
Women’s Resource Center: Provides assistance for women in everything from goal setting to professional development.
Finance Options for Businesses in La Plata County
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Programs – SBA offers a variety of loan programs for specific purposes. Review the programs to determine if your business meets the participation qualifications.
- Colorado Housing and Financing Authority (CHFA) – CHFA’s mission is to strengthen Colorado by investing in affordable housing and community development.
- Colorado Enterprise Fund (CEF) – The CEF assists small business owners in accessing affordable loans and lines of credit with flexible rates and terms.
- Region 9 Economic Development District of SW Colorado– loans and state programs
- Durango Urban Renewal Authority: The Durango Renewal Partnership Board is exploring opportunities for redevelopment in the MidTown Area. This area holds many important and underutilized assets that contribute to Durango’s quality of life.
- Colorado Lending Source : Our mission to foster the economic growth of diverse small businesses within our communities provides the foundation for everything we do.