Benefits of Investing
The Alliance is a public-private partnership and receives its funding from the County of La Plata, the City of Durango, the Town of Bayfield and the Town of Ignacio, as well as 100 plus private sector investors.
The investment pledge of support allows the Alliance to focus on implementation of our Strategic Plan and provides this community with the most efficient mechanism to achieve vitality in La Plata County’s economic base.
In undertaking this initiative, the La Plata Economic Development Alliance needs a broad sharing of personal involvement and financial support from all sectors of the community.
Benefits of Investment
Private sector investment in the Alliance is crucial to our organization as we strive to achieve our strategic goals and objectives. The Alliance provides the following benefits to our investors:
- Monthly Investor Meetings – held at 7:30am on the second Tuesday of the month.
- Website Listing– all investors get listed on the Alliance web page and a link to their own site.
- Annual Economic Summit – held each October to update investors on current topics and issues.
- Professional Discounts– Alliance members receive a 10% discount on products from Fastenal and discounts if they send their employers to the managerial Professional Development Program that the Alliance administers.
- CEO Network- All Alliance members may register their two top executives to participate in the quarterly CEO Network meetings.
- Trailing Spouse Program– Alliance members may utilize the Trailing Spouse program to help hire the spouse or partner of a new, relocating employee to the region.
- Annual Report – The Alliance produces an Annual Report, which highlights completed projects and a list of our Board of Directors and investors.
Investor Involvement with The Alliance
In addition to participation and involvement at Monthly Investor Meetings, the Alliance has Committees that have been appointed to achieve the Strategic Goals of the Alliance. Alliance investors may volunteer to serve on committees, at events, or even serve on the Board through the election by fellow investors.