Our Investors Believe That Economic Development’s Critical to Building a Vibrant & Healthy Community.
In addition, they recognize the Alliance efforts are not only key to creating a regional economy that is strong and vital, but also give us, as a community, the ability of creating a great place to live and play.
“Economic Development Alliance Investors Are Dedicated & Committed to Establishing a Strong Sustainable Regional economy.” – K. Petranek
The La Plata Economic Development Alliance Investors range in size, type and participation in Alliance Committees and functions. The Government Partners represent La Plata County, Town of Bayfield, City of Durango and the City of Ignacio. Non government members range from non-profit organizations to the largest employers of La Plata County. Please check out the full list of members on the Investor’s Directory Page.
The Mission of the La Plata Economic Development Alliance is to create a vibrant business community and a range of employment opportunities through through retention, expansion, and recruitment of quality businesses.
Benefits of Investment
As an immediate return on your investment, you will be joining the ranks of high-level decision makers in our region, creating valuable business contacts, be among the first to receive business development information, and have the opportunity to participate in industry-related task forces. An investment in the Economic Development Alliance is an investment in our community as we lead the way for a long-term diversified and sustainable regional economy through successful retention, expansion and recruitment projects.
Private sector investment in the Alliance is crucial to our organization as we strive to achieve our strategic goals and objectives. The Alliance provides the following benefits to our investors:
- Executive Director Update – a monthly summary of activity emailed to investors.
- Friend’s Breakfasts – The Alliance hosts three quarterly Friend’s breakfasts providing an opportunity to interact with the Board and other investors.
- Annual Economic Summit – held each October update investors on current topics and issues.
- Investor Guide – an annual directory is produced which lists all investors and is distributed to Alliance investors and prospects as a networking tool.
- Monthly Investor Meetings – held at 7:30am on the second Tuesday of the month.
- Annual Report – The Alliance produces an Annual Report, which highlights completed projects and a list of our Board of Directors and investors.
Because of our investors, the Economic Development Alliance will continue to add cutting-edge resources such as economic gardening, international business resources and entrepreneurial support to elevate the businesses in our region. The investment pledge of our investors allows the Economic Development Alliance to focus on implementation of our Strategic Plan and provides this community with the most efficient mechanism to achieve vitality in La Plata County’s economic base.